Magnesium powder is an important accessory in the manufacture of electric heating elements. It is usually filled with crystalline magnesium oxide powder in the gap of the electric heating tube. The appearance is white or yellowish powder. According to different uses, it is divided into high temperature, low temperature, medium high temperature and medium low temperature. It has good insulation, heat resistance, moisture resistance and low iron properties.
Mgo Powder Specifications:
1. Classification: magnesium oxide
2. Appearance: powder
3. Purity: 94%
4. Chemical composition: MgO≥94%；SiO2≤3.5%；CaO≤2.0%
5. Color: light yellow
6. Usage refractory materials
7. Size: 200 mesh
Matters Attention when using magnesium powder:
1. Magnesium oxide powder is used for insulation between the heating wire and the tube wall. At the same time, magnesium oxide powder has outstanding thermal conductivity. Magnesium oxide powder is also highly hygroscopic, so it must be treated with moisture during use.
2. Magnesium oxide powder can be divided into low-temperature powder and high-temperature powder according to the applied temperature scale. Low-temperature powder can only be used below 400 ℃, which is usually modified magnesium oxide powder.
3. Magnesium oxide powder is granulated. Magnesium oxide powder used in electric heating tubes is composed of magnesium oxide powder particles of different thickness according to a certain proportion (mesh ratio). Therefore, it is also crucial to select the appropriate magnesium powder uniformly.