What are the precautions for the use of flange heating element?
Flange heating element mostly use argon arc welding to connect the heating element to the flanges, and the form of fastening devices can also be used, that means each heating tube is welded with fasteners. Then use a nut to lock the flange cover. The element and the fastener are welded by argon arc, so there is no leakage. The fastener seal adopts scientific technology. It is extremely convenient to replace a single one, which greatly saves future maintenance costs. The following items should be paid attention to when using the flange heating element:
1. The heating element should be well positioned and fixed, and the effective heating area must be immersed in liquid or metal solid, and it is strictly forbidden to burn. When it is found that there is scale or carbon on the surface of the pipe, it should be cleaned up in time to avoid heat dissipation and shorten the service life.
2. When heating fusible metals or solid nitrates, alkalis, bitumen, paraffin, etc., the operating voltage should be reduced first, and the rated voltage can be increased after the medium is melted.
3. The components are allowed to work under the following conditions:
A. The relative humidity of the air is not more than 95%, and there is no explosive and corrosive gas.
B. The working voltage should not be greater than 1.1 times the rated value, and the housing should be effectively grounded.
C. Insulation resistance≥1MΩ Dielectric strength: 2KV/1min
4. The wiring part should be placed outside the insulation layer to avoid contact with corrosive, explosive media, and moisture; the lead wire should be able to withstand the temperature and heating load of the wiring part for a long time, and excessive force should be avoided when the wiring screws are tightened.
5. The components should be stored in a dry place. If the insulation resistance is lower than 1MΩ due to long-term storage, they can be dried in an oven at about 200°C, or the voltage can be reduced and heated until the insulation resistance is restored.
6. When heating the air, the components should be arranged crosswise and evenly, so that the components have good heat dissipation conditions and the air flowing through can be fully heated.
7. Measures should be considered when heating nitrate to prevent explosion accidents.