What are the precautions for the use of cartridge heater?
1. For the terminal of cartridge heater, use 2 nuts to fasten the connection. Do not use too much force to avoid loosening of the lead screw and damage the heating element.
2. The cartridge heater terminal should be kept clean and dry. Otherwise, it will reduce the insulation performance and be short-circuited. If it is used in a chemically corrosive, flammable, explosive and other liquid or gas environment, the heating element should be used for the wiring part The insulating and sealing device is strictly protected to prevent accidents. In addition, the lead-out part of the wiring should be exposed to the heat insulation layer of the heater or outside the heater, so that this part should not be overheated and damaged.
3. The input power supply voltage should not exceed 10% of the rated voltage marked on the various heating elements. If it is applied to a voltage lower than the rated voltage, the heat generated by the cartridge heater heating element will also decrease.
4. cartridge heater should be stored in a dry warehouse. If the surface is damp due to long-term storage, use a megohmmeter to measure the insulation resistance.
5. cartridge heater have been used for a long time. If thick pipe dirt and grease accumulate on the surface, they should be removed regularly. Otherwise, the heat transfer performance of the heater will be reduced and the heat load of the pipe surface will exceed the rated allowable damage.
6. Special attention should be paid to heating medium when selecting cartridge heater.
7. When heating certain viscose and other substances, such as sodium nitrate, stearic acid, paraffin, etc., the power supply voltage should be lowered at the beginning of heating to reduce the calorific value of the heating element, and when it is completely melted into liquid, it will be increased to the rated value. Voltage for heating. If it is less than 1 megohm/500 volts, the heating element should be placed in a drying oven at 200 degrees for drying.
8. The heating part of the cartridge heater should be completely immersed in the heating medium to avoid damage to the heating element due to undesirable heat dissipation and exceeding the allowable heating temperature. It should have no corrosive effect on heating element shell materials.
9.The special heating element should read the relevant instructions in detail before installation and use, so as not to damage it.