Pencil Heaters are also called Cartridge heaters, Insertion heaters, rod heater or single head heaters. Because there is only one wire end, and the shape looks like a pencil, So we call the cartridge heaters also Pencil heaters. Jaye makes the Pencil heaters with high density and highly compacted in order to get the best heating transfer efficiency. Our pencil cartridge heaters all are custom made, the size are not limited, such as 6.5mm, 8mm, 9.5mm, 10mm, 12mm, 12.5mm, 16mm, 18mm, 19mm, 20mm and 25mm. are very normal size, we can make more than you can imagine.
The features of the high density Pencil heaters made by Jaye:
• Nickel-chromium resistance wire precisely wound on magnesium oxide core.to get the best heating transfer and keep long life time service.
• Stainless Steel is used as the standard sheath material on our Pencil cartridge heaters. And the material of the stainless steel pipes are also available to be selected, such as the SUS304, SUS316, SUS321, Incoloy840 or Incoloy800, etc.
• High density cartridge heaters are available with various termination styles and mounting attachments
Watt Density and Temperature:
Pencil Heaters-Optional Features
1) Built-in thermocouple: An optional feature on the cartridge is a built-in thermocouple. They can be "J" or "K" type, grounded or ungrounded, and connected to the end or the middle of the disc of the pencil heaters.
2) Graphite coating: In order to facilitate installation and disassembly, graphite-like substance can be coated on the Pencil heater
3) Moisture-proof and pollution-proof: In order to prevent the cartridge heater from being damp and polluted, PTFE wire is used, and the lead end is sealed with epoxy resin, RTV silicone resin or PTFE.
4) Distributed power: In applications such as sealing strips or rubber molds, the temperature at both ends of the cartridge heater is usually lower than the middle temperature. In order to overcome this inconsistency and have a uniformly distributed heat source, the end wattage of the ink cartridge can be higher. 35/30/35 is the common power distribution.
5) Centerless grinding: In applications that require excellent heat transfer, centerless grinding can increase the outer diameter tolerance to +/- 0.001".
6) Zone and cold zone: We can also manufacture ink cartridges with cold zone and independent zone that can be controlled independently.
Cartridge Heater Care & Maintenance
Store the heater in a dry place, especially during periods of high humidity.
Protect the wires from abuse and wear.
All Pencil cartridge heaters are hygroscopic and will accumulate moisture during transportation and storage. Low heater insulation (less than 1 megohm) can be baked in the oven for several hours or activated at low pressure to eliminate moisture.