The mica band heater is a conventional shape of the mica heater. The mica heater consists of a mica plate (sheet) as a skeleton and an insulating layer, at the same time, with a galvanized plate or a stainless steel plate for protection. Make a various types of heating elements such as cylindrical, conical, cylindrical, and circular. Mica heaters are widely used in the heating of home appliances, metallurgy, chemicals, plastics processing, and electrical appliances. It can withstand temperatures up to 600 ° C.
Characteristics of mica band heater:
1. High temperature resistance. The mica band heater can withstand high temperature of 600 ℃.
2. Good insulation performance. Insulation resistance is greater than 100MΩ.
3. Light weight, thin thickness, small volume, high power.
4. Can be conveniently and easily designed into various shapes as required, low cost.
Surface Load of mica band heater:
The surface of the mica band heater is normally in the range of 2.5-3W/cm2. Customers should use an automatic temperature control system to maintain normal power and protect the life of the heating coil according to the required power range.
Design and Customization
1) The user should provide dimensional drawings or samples of the mica ring heater. If there are no drawings or samples, the product specifications, voltage, power, and special requirements must be provided.
2) The surface power of the mica heating coil is 3.5 W / cm2.
3) The protective material of the mica ring heater shell is stainless steel usually.
Below is the different types of Mica Band Heater:
Attention points when installing:
1. If the mica band heater is used for heating, the alloy resistance wire should be avoided to break due to repeated disassembly and installation, which will affect the operation life.
2. Before installation, check whether the installation position is consistent with the mica heating specification and the use voltage is consistent.
3. Mica heating is non-waterproof structure, so do not contact with oil, water and plastic particles during storage, use and installation to prevent electricity leakage.
4. During installation, the stainless steel mica heater shall be closely fitted to the heated body, and the surface of the heated body shall be flat and complete, without any uneven phenomenon
Use Range of mica band heater:
It is widely used in plastic molding machinery such as injection molding machines and extruders.